Let me just tell you something. For hundreds and thousands of years, this kind of discussion would have been impossible to have, or those like us would have been having it at the risk of our lives.
Religion now comes to us in this smiley-face, ingratiating way – because it’s had to give so much ground, and because we know so much more. But you’ve no right to forget the way it behaved when it was strong, and when it really did believe that it had god on its side."
— Christopher Hitchens.
- physicianhealthyself likes this
- jawhaw likes this
- munster13 likes this
- xornvestite likes this
- sacca likes this
- jammieme900 likes this
- eunicemoonice likes this
- starsinthewaterfall reblogged this from shadowy-antiquarian
- our-mars-men-are-hilarious likes this
- helvetebrann likes this
- theimmortalspirit likes this
- eximago reblogged this from shadowy-antiquarian
- vladimirilyichlenin likes this
- themjtr likes this
- loverandnotafighter reblogged this from shadowy-antiquarian
- shadowy-antiquarian posted this