Bizarre Victorian fact of the day…
When he was at Cambridge University Charles Darwin was a member of the ‘Glutton Club’. The club’s sole activity was eating animals not found in everyday cuisine - hawks and owls were regularly on the menu. On his scientific expeditions Darwin carried on this tradition eating a wide selection of exotic animals including armadillos, iguanas and giant tortoises.
There’s something very strange to me, about eating animals such as hawks and owls… something… wrong.
- disposizionedolce likes this
- sensorydetail likes this
- shadowy-antiquarian reblogged this from equivoque and added:
- shadowy-antiquarian likes this
- raebyrd reblogged this from victorianfanguide
- thedailyvictorian likes this
- the-lucky-ducky reblogged this from 19thcentury and added:
- christ-fuck likes this
- equivoque reblogged this from 19thcentury and added:
- orangebaron reblogged this from 19thcentury
- 19thcentury reblogged this from victorianfanguide
- victorianfanguide posted this